Custom Molded Ankle Foot Orthotic (AFO)
Mezzo AFO - NEW low profile design!!
The patented Arizona Mezzo™ is the ‘happy medium’ between a UCBL and the standard Arizona Brace®. The custom-fabricated Arizona Mezzo™ provides support for a variety of midfoot and hindfoot conditions requiring superior longitudinal arch support. Its low-profile design and soft leather lining mean easy shoe fit, exceptional comfort and greater patient compliance.
*This brace is NOT for everyone, especially patients who have an ankle deformity present.
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction (PTTD) Stages 1 & 2
- Extreme flatfoot
- Sinus Tarsi Syndrome
- Peroneal tendonitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Osteoarthritis of the subtalar and midtarsal joints
The Standard Arizona AFO stabilizes the ankle, talocalcaneal, midtarsal and subtalar joints. The Standard is their original design and still remains their most popular for comfort and stability.
- PTTD (Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction)
- Talocalcaneal varus or valgus
- Tibialis tendonitis (posterior of anterior)
- Severe pronation or pes planus
- Ankle arthritis or DJD (Degenerative Joint Disease)
- Charcot foot
- Ankle, subtalar or midtarsal trauma
- Chronic Achilles tendonitis
The Articulated AFO is designed to stabilize the subtalar, talocalcaneal, and midtarsal joints while still allowing motion at the ankle. It is available with a variety of ankle joints and stops.
- Mild PTTD (Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction)
- Mild to moderate DJD (Degenerative Joint Disease)
- Talocalcaneal varus or valgus
- Ankle instability
- Mild to moderate pronation
- Mild to moderate supination
- Paralytic equinus or drop foot
The Richie Brace® is a custom ankle brace (ankle foot orthosis) designed to treat chronic conditions of the foot and ankle including Drop foot, PTTD, ankle sprains and other causes of foot and ankle pain. Introduced to the medical community in 1996, The Richie Brace has revolutionized the non-operative approach to the most challenging pathologies treated by the foot and ankle specialist.
- Custom Balanced Foot Orthotic
- Standard 35mm Heel Cup fits into the bottom of the heel counter of the shoe
- Anatomic Ankle Axis Hinge Placement
- Semi-rigid lower limb supports
- Custom contoured footplate attachment
- Control of first Ray, Midtarsal and Subtalar joints
- Control of Calcaneal inversion/eversion
- Pure, unrestricted sagittal ankle Motion
- Thin posterior plastic shell allows optimal shoe fit
- No need to increase shoe size
- Mild to Moderate PTTD
- Chronic Ankle Instability
- Mild drop foot - with the dorsiflex assist feature
Richie Brace with Modifications
Restricted Hinge Pivot
A more rigid ankle articulation restricts ankle dorsiflexion and plantarflexion to a range under 5 degrees without disrupting a smooth contact and heel rise phase of gait. This model is suited for treatment of severe PTTD, mild dropfoot (also referred to as Foot Drop and Drop Foot conditions as well as degenerative arthritis of the ankle and hindfoot.
- DJD of Ankle or rearfoot
- Mild dropfoot
- Dropfoot with equinus
Will my AFO fit into my current shoes?
The standard Arizona brace is one of the sleekest custom braces available; however, it will not likely fit into dress shoes or slip on styles.
The best types of shoes are lace up or velcro strap styles. You need a shoe that opens up nice and wide to make it easier to get in and out of the shoe. Once you are in the shoe, the laces and/or straps will help to secure your feet inside the shoes.
The adjustability in the shoes will also help to provide a better fit for the foot that doesn’t need a brace.
Will my insurance cover a custom AFO with a prescription?
Most insurance plans cover this type of AFO if you have one of the diagnoses indicated above, a prescription and your condition is documented by the referring physician in your chart notes. AFO/Braces fall under DME (Durable Medical Equipment) and deductibles and coinsurance do apply, so please check with your insurance on your particular benefits and coinsurance.
SUBMIT THE FORM BELOW AND WE WILL HELP YOU GET THINGS STARTED